Free School Meals
If you haven’t already filled in the application for free school meals please check the criteria below to see if your child might be eligible. The school receives £1320 per pupil entitled to free school meals which we can use for a number of developments including improvements to our playground, curriculum resources, furnishing the building and retaining and recruiting staff. If your child is in Reception, year 1 or year 2 they already receive a meal free of charge but please do still apply for free school meals because Ferry Lane Primary School will receive the funding to contribute to the projects mentioned before. If you need any support with the application please do not hesitate to contact Mr Hall or Miss Miller and they will be happy to help you with the process
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (i.e. they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full-time education may also be able to get free school meals.